On Mother's Day I got the best gift ever. Alyssa and I were lying on the bed cuddling and playing when she leaned over and gave me a big open-mouthed kiss for the first time. It was so sweet and precious.
When Matt was gone to the UK for work, Alyssa was having a rough week. She had a bad cold and was also teething her bottom molars. I had done my best at keeping her occupied this one day.... but she was so grumpy. Finally it was bedtime and i have to admit that i was really, really looking forward to bedtime. I didn't have much patience left. On the way up the stairs to bed Alyssa was cuddling her blankie and I was whispering to her that it was time for bed and that Mommy loved her. With her little pudgie arms, she reached behind my head and pulls me closer to give me a big, slobbery kiss. It melted my heart. It was her way of saying "Mommy I love you and I'm sorry for my grumpiness." The next day her mood was the same but i found i had just a little more patience for my precious little girl.
On Father's Day Matt was playing on the floor with Alyssa. They were having lots of fun, playing, tickling and laughing. All of sudden she cuddles up to him and gives him a big hug and a kiss for the first time. Matt's heart melted. Later that night we were talking about Alyssa and how sweet she is when i realized that she chose Mother's Day to tell me how much she loved me in her own way and she chose Father's Day to show Matt how much she loved him. How did she know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment