Well, now that we are back and rested from our trip to PEI i thought i would share some pictures. We had a great time. We went to visit my sister, brother-in-law and my brand new niece, Makenna who is absolutely adorable.
I am so happy that Alyssa and I took the journey across the provinces. It started out a bit bumpy with the plane ride. I gave Alyssa Gravol to help her sleep and I think that it ended up doing the opposite and making her HYPER. So the plane ride was crazy. And then we had four hours in Montreal. But we survived and thankfully the trip home was much more relaxed. But once we got to PEI and I woke up and saw the cute little face of Makenna it was all worth it. She is so beautiful. Shelby and Steve are really fitting into parenthood and it was so super neat to see my baby sister as a mommy. She is doing a wonderful job. Makenna is pretty easy going but still we sure had our hands full with a 16 month old and a 3 month old. Alyssa was pretty sweet with Makenna and would try and give her kisses and hugs. She would bring Aunty Shelby the soother when Makenna was crying. She needed to wrap her "baby" up and put her in the swing, bouncy chair, crib etc. She was quite the little mom.
The weather wasn't great but it all worked out as we were there to visit Shelby, Steve and Makenna rather than tour the island (we had already done most of the touristy stuff at Shelby and Steve's wedding in July 2006). So we had a few nice days were we walked along the ocean and played outside but for the most part we hung out at home, went swimming, visited with her in-laws, shopped, and walked Tucker.
I came home and missed them so much. I really wish we lived closer but we don't so we will make the best of it by talking on the phone (almost daily), emailing each other and viewing the kids on the webcam.
No comments:
Post a Comment